Saturday 23 March 2013

Drop Flowers for cake,cookies and cupcake decorations

I am so excited to share with you guys.. Two days ago, I decided to try making drop flowers for decorations for cookies, cakes and even cupcakes. and I am very happy to say that it was a success for a first try. The flowers maybe a little out of shape but I tried my best as a left hander as the tips were made for right handers. Though wilton sell decorating tips for left handers, they do not sell them here where I live thus if you like baking and is left handed then It will be a little hard but nothing will bring down the passion of baking or making decorations even if they do not have any suited for left handers. We will just have to make do and try to adapt. anyway, here are the pictures do enjoy and comment. I used a wilton tip #224, if anyone was interested.

I used 3 colours as these were intended use for a wedding themed cookie and my friend loves purple. One of the colours was purple. The other two is red and sky blue. I love how the red colour turned out. It is just the right shade of red. For the center, I used yellow. As you can see from the picture below, I tried making ribbion roses and star tip roses. But it did not really turn out as great. But I will try them again soon.












All packed in their individual containers. Imagine how much money, you can save by doing these decorations yourself instead of just buying them from stores specialized in these decorations.



An addition to this post because I didn't want to add another post on the same topic. Anyway, I did more drop flowers with different colours so enjoy the pictures. P.S Bigger flowers were used by either tip #131 or #193 drop flower tips. Was testing out the different tips as I had extra icing

 You can see that the black flowers are glittery in the flash of the camera =)












Final Product. From the left -> Peach (yellow or black center), Black (yellow or pink center), Yellow (green center), Red (yellow or black center), Pink (black or yellow center), Sky blue (yellow center) and Purple (yellow center).  The Bigger flowers are just either green with pink center or pink with either black or green center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment