Monday 4 March 2013

Animal Shaped Cookie Cutters and Decorating (first time)

Hey guys, today I have for you, Animal Shaped Cookies. It is my first time designing them and trying out the cookie cutters that I bought from wilton. Since It is my frist time, Pardon the not so nice decorating and because I did them in a rush (2 days), the royal icing wasn't that fantastic as before. Some of them, I did not put enough Water and others I put too much. But nevertheless,  enjoy the pictures and do comment ( In english, If anyone really reads my blog on my tagboard) Thanks in advance. 

 I tried a new dough recipe (one using ground ginger and the other using a vanilla pod) because the previous one was nice but the dough was all runny and sticky (not to mentioned I followed the recipe perfectly) But never mind that as I was saying I tried a new dough recipe and It worked perfectly, I found it in a recipe book.. but I shall not say It on this blog.

These are the cookie cutters I used, dove, bee, flamingo, turtle, cat, rhino, penguin, crab, owl, elephant, squirrel, seahorse, duck, hippo, rabbit and a tulip cutter that I used to make an owl shape. I also used my yoga cookie cutters that I posted in the previous post thus I did not show the cutters here.

 I wanted to test the dough before I leave It in the fridge to set over night. And I was amazed, It till turned out great. It was so easy to cut the dough out, I did not even need to put the cut dough in the fridge to set before taking it out. I was really happy that It did not expand out of shape like my previous cookie dough. (picture below)



Below are the pictures of the dough that I put in the fridge over night.










I had quite a lot of left over royal icing so I decided to try icing transfers for my next batch of cookie decorating.
Below are my decorated cookies. I stayed up till 2 am to finish the background and the next morning to do the detailing.
 Turtle

Elephant

 Hippo

 Squirrel 

 Dove

Cat

 Owl (using the tulip cutter)

 Rhino

 Seahorse

 Duck

Crab

 Penguin

 Flamingo

 Rabbit with the sugar bushy tail

 Bee

 and the really scary looking owl =0 (I clearly don't know how to ice an owl)

Overall, I had fun doing these =D and shall do it again one day..

No comments:

Post a Comment