Tuesday 11 September 2012

Disney Shaped Sugar Cookies

Hey Guys, I know I told u guys, that I would only post after my exams which is in the month of October. I was not actually lying. I seriously wanted to study first and bake later but as most of my friends who know me would know, when I am under  a lot of stress, I either buy things that I don't need known as stress shopping =D or I turn to my hobbies of either doing my nails which I have already done in the previous post or baking thus I am doing this post. I recently bought disney shaped cookie cutters from gmarket. They are in the shape of pooh bear, tigger, chip and dale, mickey and minnie mouse. As for the batter, I used betty crocker's pre-made sugar cookies. After my exams, I promise that I would do the batter from scratch. Here are the pictures. ENJOY=).
My new bought cookie Cutters - Chip, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, Dale, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse
 Ingredients:
1. Betty Crocker's Pre-Made Sugar Cookies *Comes in a packet*
2. One Egg
3. 1/2 Cup Butter (I prefer unsalted butter)
4. Plain or all purpose flour (the recipe stated 2 tablespoons but don't believe it unless you want your dough to be oily. Good for drop cookies though) For me I used the flour as I see fit, if its too runny or oily, I added more flour.
Utensils:
Big Mixing Bowl
A Whisk
tablespoon and 1/2 cup measuring cups.
Instructions:
Simple : Mix everything together to form a soft dough. then put it in a cling wrap for awhile to firm up the dough. 
 Using the cutters. Can you guess which Disney Character this is?? 
 First Batch all ready for the oven.
As you can see from the picture.. My first batch was not exactly a failure but my Winnie the Pooh Cookies fatten up and became out of shape. Why? I have no idea. But if you have the answer do comment =)
Second Batch.. I kind of over baked these because I was so into my third batch. so I won't show the pictures. I will let you imagine how they turned out.
For the last batch. I decided to change my way of cutting, Instead of cutting out the shape first then pressing the face stencil on later. I decided to do them together. The plus side, it was better looking than my previous batches. But the down side, it was a really slow process.

 Third batch. *my pride and joy* it looked so perfect. 

 Tigger
 Winnie the Pooh
 Mickey Mouse
 Minnie Mouse 
*remember I asked you guys if you could identified the character that was cut out without the face? Well, Yes, the answer is Minnie Mouse. 
 Chip
 Dale
 In the oven baking for quite some time. you can already see the golden brown colour.

Perfectly Golden Brown
 Tigger & Pooh
 Mickey & Minnie Mouse
 Dale & Chip 
*actual cartoon is called Chip and Dale
 Out of all my cookies. these were the best onces =)
 Chip
 Dale
 Minnie Mouse
 Mickey Mouse
 Tigger
Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment